Sunday, November 7, 2010

We are blessed.............





Wednesday was not a good day for us.
Newel came home during the day and found someone had broken into our home.
They trashed all the screens and tried to get in through a window......
No LUCK!!



Next came busting a whole in the security screen door.....then took some kind of saw drill and drilled a hole to get their hand through to undo the locks.....


Now it's time to get through the second door..........
totally broke out the window and put their hand through to get through 2 more locks


Then they were inside. Trashed our bedroom and closet and the TV room. Went through all drawers and stole anything they could hurry and carry out....leaving their mess all over the place. I didn't take pictures because they stole my camera...........but I remembered I had an old camera and wanted to save a few pictures.


As the week went on it could only get better. I got out the fall decorations and tried to make our home feel like it hadn't had "STRANGERS" inside.
So, fall finally arrived at the Turley's and we are "giving thanks" that we are safe and sound. Material things can be replaced and our home has a sweet spirit to it once again, and for this we are truly blessed!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry Bev. I can't believe how hard they worked to get into your house! Thanks for showing us we can look on the bright side of things.

Maren said...

What on earth?! I can't even imagine. I'm glad you are both okay.

Roxy Dozier said...

Oh my! Thanks so much for coming to the baptism, it meant so much to us to have you there. Sorry about the house but we're glad you both are safe!

The Garner Family said...

Yuck! So scary. Glad things are getting back to normal!

muth said...

Let me at 'em!!! I am so sorry!!
Shouldn't happen to the two kindest people in the world!!! Of course, you are handling it like troopers---always the glass half full rather than half empty! I am thankful this month as well----for good friends and their Christlike examples.