Wednesday, March 27, 2013



We were so lucky today.
About 3 o'clock I got a phone call
from a friend inviting us to dinner....woot woot....Wednesday just got better!

They served broccoli cheese chicken and rice
asparagus and I took spinach strawberry salad.

Here's the recipe I used
Spinach Strawberry Salad
1\2 c. splenda
1\4 c. red wine vinegar
3 T. olive oil
2 t. red onion minced 
1 1\2 t. poppy seeds
1 t. paprika
1\4 t. salt
1 pound baby spinach, washed
1 c. sliced strawberries
1\3 feta cheese crumbled
3 T. slivered almonds

Combine splenda, red wine vinegar, olive oil, onions, paprika and salt.
Put spinach in a big bowl, pour dressing over spinach and toss well.  Top with sliced strawberries, feta cheese and almonds.
Makes 4 servings

What did you have for dinner?



2 comments:

Salvage Chic Lady said...

I love your strawberry/spinach salad. I don't know why I don't remeber to make it more often. Hoke got home late so we went for chicken wings. Yummy and easy-peasy for me!

The Kleyn Family said...

Ha! Yippee! We had dinner under the lights at the boys baseball practice--wish it had been that yummy salad!