Sunday, March 28, 2010

I've OVERDOSED............


This weekend was way to short!!
However...........
I OD'd (overdosed) on some things.
Some bad, some really bad....
and some GOOD!!






I found myself overdosing on hair products.....
First of all.....I hate to get my hair and nails done so I put it off until I can't stand it anymore. So you know I'm desperate when I say
"I need my hair done in the worst way".
We had company last week over spring break so I didn't get my hair done, then my hairdresser (Terianne)has been in the hospital......
SO........
I'm about 4 weeks over do for my new do!


and

I've been overdosing on CARBS!!
We have the best Home Teachers in the whole, wide world.
He delivered "HOT" bread, right from the oven first thing this morning.
YUMMMMMMO!!!
Then....we went to church and our dear friend Sandra Langly made bread and brought us a loaf to church. So now we have 2 loaves of homemade bread.....and what's a girl to do?
Homemade bread is my worst WEAKNESS!!!
Thanks Clyde and Sandra!!
Yep, I totally fell off the wagon and ate and ate and ate bread,
(oh yeah....and butter too)





...........and did I happen to mention Terri's
"Front Yard Boutique"this weekend?
Well, to make matters worse......I tried a new recipe from Pioneer Woman and made this Best Chocolate Cake Ever that Deny told me about. Love at first bite, for sure!!! I sold big ole' pieces of this cake and sold everyone of them....except for the piece I ate!!
But, it was worth every bite (I mean every carbohydrate)!
I totally feel like I waddled into church today.....


And now for the good!!



I totally O D'd on the "SPIRIT" today!
We had the BEST sacrament meeting!
Good speakers (Bill and Debbie Murset)leaving on a mission.
They had the Sr. Primary and their grand children sing
"I Know That My Heavenly Father Loves Me"
Most beautiful song I've ever heard!!
They only had the Sr. Primary go up to sing.....but sitting right behind us was...........


Chloe

As I listened to the Primary children sing from the front of the chapel........I heard the sweetest little voice, sing every single word, right in tune...right behind us!!
I couldn't help it.....
I cried!!!
And I get goose bumps just thinking about it now!!
Chloe, I hope you sit behind us every single Sunday ....
I can't wait to hear you sing again!!
Now I know what ANGELS sound like!!

6 comments:

Levi, Disney Fanatic said...

That chocolate cake looks so yummy! (I'm the same way when it comes to getting my hair done! I start using too much product and overstyling when I'm too lazy just to go get my cut/color...)

Jenny Johnson said...

I am so bummed we missed that. We were camping! Wahoo!! Can't wait to catch up on Tuesday, I feel like I haven't seen you in ages!! I love you Bev!! And that cake looks amazing!

Petersens said...

My theory is you can't gain weight on Sunday. It's always been like that. So enjoy... and start fresh in the morning. hee hee. You'll have to post the recipe for the cake too. That little girl is cute cute. I love hearing little kids sing!

Roxy Dozier said...

Our church was canceled after sacrament due to sewage problems, we still felt the spirit though. More family time = more spiritual time. I'm crazy for homemade bread too. The good thing about falling off the wagon, the horse pullin it always stops and waits for you to hop back on. No sense pulling an empty wagon!

angiedunn said...

that chocolate cake looks divine! {mmmmmmmmm}

cutest post, as always.

chloe made me shed a tear too. she's a sweet little singer-that is for sure.

we love you bev!!!

*ps: i'm still sad i missed the sale. i can be such an airhead.

Sassy said...

I went to the sale but missed that cake....where was it? I too have a weakness for bread and butter and honey......and I have a huge weakness for that cute Chloe...love her!!!!!!!