Thursday, January 8, 2009

Friday, Friends, Fun!!



This is Jenny and Jeff. We work together in YW. The YW in our ward just love her and so do I. Jeff comes over and fixes our garage door every time I call. Instead of taking money.......we pay him in food. Last time it was tamales, this time it's RIBS! Bring your best appetite Jeff! Here's the menu:
Ribs
Twice Baked Potatoes
Garlic Bread
Apple Crisp






My friend Brenda found this great recipe on the back of the Brown Sugar Splenda package for low carb Apple Crisp. Here's the recipe:

Filling:
1/2 C. Brown Sugar Splenda blend
2 T. flour (I used oat bran, lower carbs than flour)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
4 C. (about 1 1/2 pounds) peeled and thinly sliced apples

Topping:

1 1/4 C. quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 C. flour (I used oat bran, lower carbs than flour)
1/4 C. Brown Sugar Splenda blend
1/4 C. chopped walnuts (I used pecans, cuz we like them better)
1/2 C. butter melted

How to make:

Preheat oven 350. Lightly spray an 8x8x2 inch square baking dish with Pam.
Combine 1/2 C Splenda and 2 T. flour and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add apples
tossing to coat. Spoon into prepared pan and set aside.
Combine oatmeal, 1/2 C. flour, 1/4 Splenda and nuts in bowl, stir in butter. Mixture
will be crumbly.
Spoon over apple mixture.
Bake 45 min. or until apples are bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm!

This little baby still has a fair amount of carbs in it, but many less with the Splenda blend and oat bran instead of flour, but you must be CAREFUL, cuz it could still do it's damage on the old diet!

I made a double batch, we're going to have it Sat. night at Dad's birthday party too! Stay tuned for the menu for Saturday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny Johnson said...

I am so excited!!! Looks Yummy!!!

The Meehl Family said...

Hi Bev...remember me? I used to visit your parents all the time in Pima. Anyway, your blog is adorable. Tell your dad Happy Birthday for me...I've missed being able to visit when I go back to Pima. I love all the crafts that you have posted...I'm in YW too, so I especially like your thoughts and ideas on that! Hope your having a ball...looks like you are!

Leah Kempton Meehl
leahmeehl@gmail.com

Bendz said...

Hi,

Good recipe..

Nice design blog.
:-)
Insurance