Saturday, February 21, 2009

Make me a spoon................

Newel is going Home Teaching tomorrow and needed a thought. This is what he decided to take to his families.

MAKE ME A SPOON
Did you ever think to compare your service to silverware? All silverware is made to serve, but the different pieces serve in a different way.

The fork stabs. "This is mine it says". It stabs bits of meat, carrots, pickles, salad and cheese. "This and this are mine" says the fork. "Everything for me, me, me". And soon, every single item on the plate is gone , pinned by the spear of the selfish fork.

Knives cut. "Too big" says the knife. Slice, cut, chop, dice. Everything must change it's shape to satisfy the whim of the knife. Nothing is right as it is. Everything needs paring down, carving or separating.

Spoons serve.
Cereal, soup, peas ~ all the impossible foods can be handled comfortably from the smooth bowl of the spoon. Spoons say "Here, let me help you. We can manage together."

Make me a spoon

~Author Unknown

2 comments:

Paula said...

Ooo...I want Newel to come be my home teacher! What a darling way to get a point across! Loved it, and YOU! XOXOX

Turleygirl said...

What a great analogy. Loved it and thanks for sharing.